Usage: Coconut milk, also known as santan is considered to be the staple in a lot of Asian cuisines. Your dish will taste significantly better thanks to the addition of its rich and savory flavour. You can use Coconut Milk Malaysia to prepare food such as curry, mango sticky rice, nasi lemak, chicken rendang, laksa and many other dishes. Santan is especially important in nasi lemak as the rice needs coconut milk in order to make it more fragrant and sweet.
In addition to being used in meals, Coconut Milk Malaysia may also be used for beverages like smoothies and latte. And if you're wondering how to make a coconut milk latte, you need these ingredients: 34g (1.2oz) of espresso, 68g (2.3 fl oz) of coconut milk, one tablespoon (0.5oz) of brown sugar and caramel or chocolate syrup, these are optional. You may refer to the instructions below to prepare it:
Apart from that, Coconut Milk Malaysia also can be used in desserts. One of the most popular Asian desserts that can be served with coconut milk is Sago Gula Melaka. All you need are three ingredients - sago, santan and gula melaka. You may refer to the instructions below on how to make it:
- First, add 200g (7oz) of sago into a pot of 150ml (5.3 fl oz) water and bring it to a boil. Make sure to continuously stir to avoid them from clumping. Once it turns translucent, transfer the sago into a strainer and wash the excess starch with cold water.
- After draining the excess water, scoop them into an individual dessert cup and let them chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- In a pot, add 250ml (8.8 fl oz) of S&P’s Coconut Milk Malaysia and ¼ tablespoon (0.125oz) of salt to flavour. Boil until it bubbles and set aside.
- In another pan, you need to melt 70g (2.5oz) of gula melaka with 125ml (4.23 fl oz) water over low heat. This will take 5 minutes. Once done, set aside to cool.
- Now, you may take out the sago from the refrigerator and serve it with coconut milk and gula melaka.
Packaging: Coconut Milk Malaysia by S&P Industries Sdn Bhd is packed in a convenient tetra pak and can weigh 200g (7o.z) per unit, making it easier to open, store and recycle. Customers can order a minimum of 36 pack of coconut milk with each having 200ml (6.76 fl oz). You might be concerned that spillage would happen during shipping; however, S&P will pack it with extra caution to minimise spills and they will make sure that your item arrives in the best possible condition.
Certificate(s): S&P products, including Coconut Milk Malaysia have been awarded the following certificates:
Abiding by their tagline “Tastier with Santan", S&P Industries Sdn Bhd aims to make dishes tastier with their coconut products. To achieve that, they make sure to use only organic, fresh coconut meats when producing Coconut Milk Malaysia. It is made by extracting the coconut meat, then sanitising it and finally pressing it into coconut milk. They are also produced and treated with ultra-high temperature (UHT) in a very short time to make sure all germs are destroyed while retaining its delicious aroma and taste. They can be used in a wide variety of cuisines such as ayam masak lemak, cendol, thai curry, coconut rice, thai pumpkin soup and others.
S&P Industries Sdn Bhd started in 1983 when its founder, three enterprising Malaysians, aimed to produce coconut milk powder in Malaysia. In 1985, after establishing their second manufacturing facility in Perak, they launched their very first product, coconut cream powder. From there, they have released numerous products under their core brands which are Santan, Kerra, Rasa Enak and Cocos. Now, they have expanded their distribution and have sold them in over 40 countries worldwide. All of their products, including Coconut Milk Malaysia have obtained JAKIM Halal, ISO, and HACCP certifications. They aim to become everyone's go-to choice when it comes to coconut related products by offering scrumptious, healthy and high-quality food in the most convenient form.
- Made in: Malaysia
- Net weight: 200g (7oz)
- Texture: Liquid
- Taste: Rich santan flavour
- Shelf life: 12 months
- Certificates: JAKIM Halal, ISO and HACCP