Sensory Characteristic / physical characteristic
Appearance: white fine powder
Odor and Taste: pleasure, fresh and mild flavour and powder taste.
Free from visible foreign material
Moisture : Max 10.0%
Arsenic < 1ppm
Lead < 2ppm
Mercury < 0.05ppm
Cadmium < 1 ppm
Antimony < 1ppm
Total Place Count : < 1x104 cfu/g
Yeast and Mould : < 1x102 cfu/g
Coliforms and E. coli : not detected
Staphylococcus spp : not detached
Salmonella spp : not detected
Product Intended Use
As functional ingredient use to provide good product characteristic for dairy product, fruit beverage, snack food, and so on
Food product manufacturing e.g. dairy product manufacturer / fruit juice beverage / fruit flavor beverage / jelly and pudding
Preparation before use
1-5% by the weight of finished product
Food Ingredient, under the following act:
Malaysia Food Act 1983 & Food Regulation 1985 R 25 Food Conditioner
(1) In these Regulations, "food conditioner" means any substance that is added to food for a technological purpose to obtain the desired food and includes emulsifiers, antifoaming agents, stabilisers, thickeners, modified starches, gelling agents, acidity regulators, enzymes, solvents, glazing agents and anticaking agents, but shall not include preservative, colouring substance, flavouring substance, flavour enhancer and antioxidant.
(2) The substances specified in Table I and in column (2) of Table II, to the Eleventh Schedule shall be the permitted food conditioners within the meaning and for the purpose of these Regulations.
(3) Notwithstanding subregulation (2) the addition of food conditioner to food is prohibited except as otherwise permitted by these Regulations.
(4) Notwithstanding subregulation (3), where the addition of food conditioner to food is permitted by these Regulations, only the food conditioner specified in Table I to the Eleventh Schedule may be added to such food: Provided that the food conditioner specified in column (2) of Table II to the Eleventh Schedule may also be added to the food specified opposite thereto in column (1) of the said Table.
(5) Where any food is added with polydextrose there shall be written in the label on a package containing such food the words "Sensitive individuals may experience a laxative effect from the excessive consumption of food containing polydextrose”.
(6) Notwithstanding paragraph (g) of subregulation (1), where a permitted food conditioner has been added to any food, there shall be written in the label on a package containing such food the words “contains (state the class name of the food conditioner) as permitted food conditioner”.